"It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it." - Christian Nevell Bovee

Monday, September 03, 2012

Shackled by Debra Anastasia

I read another book by Debra Anastasia, which means I loved another book by Debra Anastasia. This is a short story that I got for free on the Omnific Publishing website.




Shackled Shackled by Debra Anastasia
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Princess Aeliea is a spoiled, mean, evil Princess. Her parents give her everything she wants except their love and attention. So Aeliea has found other ways to occupy her time. She loves to pour fear into her subjects. Punish them for the smallest infractions, and kill them to make examples out of them. It brings her pleasure to see her orders carried out. But one day, one man stands up to her. Markus is beautiful man with hatred in his eyes that are directed right at her. Aeliea has never encountered someone so bold as to defy her, so she must have fun with this new toy she has found. She takes him back and throws him in the dungeon. She can't wait to break this man. But Markus is not so easily broken.



I was so impressed with this book. I always think it is an amazing feat for an author to make you dislike a character so much at the beginning and then change your feelings so completely by the end of the book. That can't be an easy thing to do, but it especially can't be easy to do in a short story. A lot happened in this story, but it never felt rushed. The story flowed really well.

Surprisingly, one of my favorite characters was Sylo. I can't say that liked him personality wise, but some of the things he said cracked me up. Like when they were in the coliseum and he slaps Aeliea for outsmarting him and then praises her for being so evil. I loved that. Good villain. Good story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

The Cutest Little Blog On The Block